FC Wichita is pleased to invite the entire community to a Sunday soccer triple-header charity day.
Our annual Harbor House charity match has grown into a large success with each year, so the partnership of Wheat State Insurance and FC Wichita teamed up again. Our goal is to provide aid in the fight against domestic violence and homelessness in Wichita by providing a great day of economical family fun, with opportunity to make an impact in your community.
Fans will take part in the fundraising efforts while watch plenty of soccer. Anyone can gain attendance to all three (3) games for just $10.00 admission ($20 savings) after giving a donation to Harbor House, via the Wheat State Insurance booth directly in front of our ticket booth at Stryker Soccer Complex.
In addition to the donation items, the FC Wichita men’s team will be wearing a special purple game jerseys, which will be auctioned off (silent auction) throughout the day. Come out and bid on your favorite players game worn jersey. The proceeds will be donated to the Harbor House. Final bids occur during halftime of the men’s game. Winners will be immediately notified.
SUNDAY MATCH SCHEDULE:
FC Wichita Women vs St Louis 2:00 PM Kickoff –WPSL League Match
FC Wichita Reserves vs Shocks Athletic Club 4:15 PM Kickoff –Friendly
FC Wichita Men vs St. Louis 7:00 PM Kickoff-NPSL League Match
In order to qualify for the donation discount just stop at the booth and give a donation. Any item on the below wish list will qualify, including monetary donations.
ABOUT THE HARBOR HOUSE:
Homelessness and Community Safety
Catholic Charities, Diocese of Wichita, alleviates poverty by building stable and strong families throughout 25 counties in south central and southeast Kansas. We serve those who are experiencing domestic violence, homelessness, and hunger. Additional services include quality care for disable adults and seniors, as well as counseling and immigration services for those in need. We serve people of all ages and demographics; everyone deserves a helping hand.
In 2017 (the most recent audited data available) Catholic Charities transformed 15,105 lives through a variety of strengthening and stabilization programs. They also served 69,946 meals to those in need. The Harbor House program, our designated charity, specializes in serving survivors of domestic violence who have experienced significant trauma and abuse. In 2018 Harbor House served 1,720 unduplicated individuals through our shelter and outreach services. Shelter services provide safe and confidential housing where all basic needs are met. Each survivor is assigned an advocate and counselor who helps them develop individualized case plans. Harbor House also provides outreach advocacy in the community in 13 Department for Children and Families offices throughout the diocese and they also have advocates located in the Sedgwick County Court House who assist victims with criminal cases and protection from abuse and stalking orders.
WSIG became involved with Harbor House at the suggestion of one of our own staff members, who had been a victim of domestic abuse and had received support and education that made a lasting impact. We began raising funds, seeking donations and supporting awareness of Harbor House in 2017 and have continued and grown our support each year in the following ways:
- Help Our Community Quarterly Referral Program: This is a joint project with our clients and community at large. Each time a client or community member refers a potential client to WSIG and that referral requests a quote, we donate $5 to the designated charity (Harbor House has been the target quarterly charity in 2017, 2018 and 2019).
- Our Annual Domestic Violence Awareness Campaign and Donation Drive. This annual event is held during the entire month of June. WSIG and many of our client businesses are designated drop off locations for items on the Harbor House Wish List. We promote the event for several weeks in advance and continue promotions online in social media, on our website and through our monthly newsletter. The campaign culminates with a day-long joint event with our local men’s and women’s pro soccer team (FC Wichita). The day features a soccer double header—a women’s game and a men’s game—and WSIG staff are on site to take donations of items from the Harbor House wish list as well as cash donations. Following the event (which is the last weekend in June) our staff, along with members of the soccer teams, purchase additional items with the funds that have been donated. All donations are then loaded into a delivery truck provided by one of our clients and driven to Catholic Charities for a presentation event. Our staff, their families and the soccer team members all attend this event and help unload the donations—it is a definite party atmosphere and one that leaves a lasting impression for each attendee!
The Harbor House Wish List
- Large diapers
- Household linens
- New car seats
- New duffle/tote bags
- New socks (all sizes, women and children)
- New panties (all sizes, women and children)
- Bras (all sizes)
- Shaving cream
- Facial care (cleanser, moisturizer, etc.)
- New pajamas
- New chapstick/lip balm
- New towels
- New flip-flops
- Q-tips (especially travel size)
- Flash drives
- Clorox wipes
- Art supplies (watercolors, colored pencils, sketchbooks, etc.)
- School supplies
- Sippy cups
- Walmart gift cards for school uniforms
- Payless gift cards for school shoes